Employment Opportunity- Seasonal Medium Duty Equipment Operator – 2 Positions
The Municipal District of Spirit River No. 133 is now accepting applications for Seasonal Medium Duty Equipment Operator Positions.
Medium Equipment Operator - 2 Position
Commencing in May and reporting to the Agricultural Fieldman, the Medium Equipment Operators will be required to operate mow tractors on MD rights-of-way, clean-up and maintain equipment, and perform other tasks as directed by management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Locating mowing sites on a map
- Reviewing local land conditions
- Operating a tractor with mowing equipment
- Maintaining mower records (hour, ground conditions, mileage mowed)
- Cleaning mowers before leaving site to avoid cross contamination of weeds.
- Notifying the Agricultural Fieldman of noxious and prohibited noxious weeds and providing land location.
- Picking weeds, as required.
- Seeding ditches, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract. Class 3 preferred.
- Experience operating farm equipment, tractors, side-arm mowers,3-pt hitch mowers, seeders, skidsteers and other medium duty equipment.
- Ability to maintain equipment (i.e change oil and lights)
- Knowledge of regulated weeds an asset
- Ability to manage time and priorities, and ability to multitask.
- Comfortable reading maps.
- Physically fit.
These are temporary positions and will commence in May, 2020 and last until approximately September.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and a driver’s abstract will be requested.
Please quote position title when applying.
These positions follow the CUPE Local 787-02 Collective Agreement.
Deadline for applications is March 15, 2020.
Resumes can also be dropped off at the office at 4202-50 Street or mailed to the MD of Spirit River No. 133 Box 389 Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0.