Seasonal - Spray Truck Operator
Kneehill County is seeking experienced, knowledgeable operators for our Seasonal Spray Truck Operator positions. These individuals will contribute to delivering the weed control program operating spray trucks and various equipment, applying herbicide on roadways and designated areas, and complete other duties as determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or Designate. Kneehill County offers a fun, collaborative work environment with various team building and appreciation activities, learning opportunities, and provides all safety and position specific supplies and training.
Season: April to October
Duties of the successful candidate will include:
- Working under Provincial legislation and programs such as: The Agricultural Service Board Act, Alberta Weed Control Act, Soil Conservation Act, and The Agricultural Pests Act.
- Operation and maintenance of spray equipment on public and private lands.
- Maintaining detailed spray application records with use of a variety of GPS systems.
- Assist with weed inspection and Provincial surveys as required.
- Operate other equipment such as a telehandler, toolcat and tractor with mower.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of ASB vehicles, shop and area.
- Participate in safety meetings and training as part of the County’s health and safety program.
- Other duties as determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or Designate.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License, experience towing trailers and equipment operation;
- Education in agriculture, environmental or biology field/s and/or an agricultural background;
- Hold an Alberta Pesticide Applicators Certification or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Authorized Assistant applicators license;
- Strong plant/weed identification skills
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisor, co-workers and the public;
- Able to follow instructions as given, prioritize tasks, and maintain organized records;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and perform work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Preference may be given to those willing to return annually.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
- Excellent communication, records management, and organizational skills
- Good teamwork, partnering, and networking skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work alone for extended periods
- Strong commitment to public service and safety
- Good with technology i.e. computers, GIS, GPS, mobile apps
- Good sense of humor
If you have the skill set to match our needs, please visit our website for information on submitting your resume for consideration.
Closing Date: March 7, 2024
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants must be entitled to legally work in Canada and reside in the general area (or be willing to).
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.