Seasonal Equipment Operator - Roadside Mower
262075 Rockyview Pt, Balzac, AB T4A 0X2, Canada Req #13
Monday, February 13, 2023
Rocky View County is committed to providing our employees a respectful and stable work environment, work/life balance, and opportunities for professional learning and personal growth. We seek individuals who thrive on challenge and will contribute their positive energy, innovation, and service mindset to making a difference and contributing meaningfully to the vibrant community of 40,000 people who call Rocky View County home.
*This posting will remain open until vacancies are filled.
Term: May 29 - October 13
Number of positions: 3
This position is from May 29, 2023 to October 13, 2023.
The hours of work for this position are Monday-Friday, 6:00am-4:30pm, 50 hours per week.
As directed by an Agricultural Services Officer and overseen by the Manager of Agricultural and Environmental Services, the Roadside Mower Operator will competently operate 140hp agricultural tractors with up to a 15 foot mower, as well as other implements, throughout the County, and comply with safe work practices, procedures and legislation at all times.
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is completion of high school. This position generally requires a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience and continuous learning. An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
Operate heavy mowing equipment in a safe, efficient and effective manner as assigned, to include but not limited to:
- Perform daily pre- and post-operation equipment checks.
- Ability to change mower blades and grease all equipment.
- Ensuring equipment is in proper operating condition.
- Identifying and reporting equipment deficiencies.
- Logging and reporting hours on roads and Municipal Reserves.
- Ensure efficient completion of daily work assignments.
- Participate in and contribute to weekly safety meetings and daily job hazard assessment reviews.
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Work in accordance with the requirements established by the RVC Health and Safety Program and the Alberta OHS Act, Regulation and Code.
- Take reasonable care to protect their health and safety and other persons at or in the vicinity of the worksite while they are working.
- This position is not eligible for remote work.
- Be physically able to perform demanding tasks including; bending, shoveling, heavy lifting up to 40 lbs, and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrate and execute safe and skillful operation of equipment at all times.
- Hold a valid Class 5 vehicle operator's permit (you will be required to provide a current driver's abstract prior to beginning employment).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, or work as part of a team.
- Ensure appropriate utilization of personal protective equipment required (e.g., CSA footwear).
- Basic understanding and operation of GPS tracking and mobile phone apps.
This posting will remain open until vacancies are filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply, please visit: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/rockyview/Posting/View/57