The County of St. Paul No. 19 is currently accepting applications for a seasonal position starting around June 12, 2023 and ending around September 15, 2023.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated individual, have excellent communication skills and demonstrate team player philosophy.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Report directly to the Manager of Waste and Agricultural Services and the Agricultural Fieldman.
- Have a valid class 5 licence.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Legislation and The County of St. Paul safe work policies and procedures, ensuring the protection and safety or self, co-workers, the public and the environment.
- Hold or ability to obtain a Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate, a WHMIS Certificate and an Assistant Applicators Licence.
- Operate a tractor and roadside mower with a sidearm on County roadways.
- Maintain a tractor and a roadside mower with a sidearm (Greasing, parts replacement, blade changing, etc..)
- Keep accurate records of daily activites.
- Keep spray records and operate a Wetblade computer on a tractor.
- Provide support for other seasonal Waste and Agricultural Service Board staff.
- Assist with the maintenance and operation of waste collection sites.
- Assist Public Works Department when required.
- Ability to hitch and unhitch trailers, tie down equipment, and transport trailered equipment.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
Well developed interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Demonstrate initiative and have the ability to work independently in a multi-task environment.
We offer a competitive wage ranging from $29.29—$37.35/hr depending on experience and expertise. Ideal starting date would be June 12, 2023 but could be flexible for a suitable candidate. Resumes outlining, qualifications, references and experience will be received in confidence until a suitable candidate is found to:
We thank all those applicants who have shown an interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.