Seasonal Weed Inspector
262075 Rockyview Pt, Balzac, AB T4A 0X2, Canada Req #12
Monday, February 13, 2023
Rocky View County is committed to providing our employees a respectful and stable work environment, work/life balance, and opportunities for professional learning and personal growth. We seek individuals who thrive on challenge and will contribute their positive energy, innovation, and service mindset to making a difference and contributing meaningfully to the vibrant community of 40,000 people who call Rocky View County home.
*This posting will remain open until vacancies are filled.
This position is from May 15, 2023 to September 1, 2023.
The hours of work for this position are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, 40 hours per week.
As directed by an Agricultural Services Officer and overseen by the Manager of Agricultural and Environmental Services, the Weed Inspector is responsible for performing weed inspections on private and public property throughout Rocky View County in accordance with the Alberta Weed Control Act.
- Conduct weed inspections throughout the County and issue notices for unmanaged prohibited noxious and noxious weed infestations.
- Educate and provide advice to County residents regarding the control of invasive weeds and agricultural pests.
- Identification of native and invasive plant species.
- Ensure accurate and organized record keeping of inspections in an electronic format.
- Provide superior customer service to residents and internal staff.
- Carry out weed control using mechanical or chemical control methods (backpack sprayer).
- Assist with conducting crop inspections throughout the County and issue notices for Agricultural Pests.
- Maintain County vehicles and equipment.
- Act in a professional and responsible manner to protect the integrity of employees and the business of the County.
- Display a professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to employees, business and residents of Rocky View County.
- Work in accordance with the requirements established by the RVC Health and Safety Program and the Alberta OHS Act, Regulation and Code.
- Take reasonable care to protect personal health and safety and other persons at or in the vicinity of the worksite while they are working.
- This position is not eligible for remote work.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Enrollment in a post-secondary institution along with a minimum of one year experience in the agricultural or environmental field.
- Ability to perform duties and stay motivated while working independently outdoors.
- Exercise sound judgment to maintain quality standards.
- Display courtesy, tact, a customer service attitude, and a desire to always represent Rocky View in a professional manner.
- Experience in reading and interpreting provincial legislation, including the Alberta Weed Control Act, would be considered an asset.
- Ability to provide superior customer service and effectively communicate with residents, while creating culture of excellence.
- Proficiency in MS Office, GIS, GPS, and other computer programs.
- Ensure appropriate utilization of personal protective equipment (PPE) required (e.g., CSA footwear).
- Possess a valid class 5 driver's license.
This posting will remain open until vacancies are filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To Apply, please visit: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/rockyview/Posting/View/43