The County of Stettler Agricultural Service Board has an opportunity for seasonal positions starting May 1, 2023 Basic work week of 7 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday, some weekend may be required.
Duties will include:
- Operating a roadside spray truck.
- Vegetation management along roadsides and agricultural land.
- Enforcing provincial legislation.
- Weed inspection and weed control on Battle River and Red Deer River
- Operating and maintaining a variety of chemical application equipment.
- Courteous and effective communication with the public.
- Identify and control prohibited noxious and noxious weeds.
- Land reclamation work.
- Education and awareness workshops for ratepayers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Agricultural and Industrial Pesticide Applicator’s License (or willingness to obtain) would be an asset
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Good computer skills along with knowledge of GPS.
- Ability to work well with others along with strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Ability to identify and control prohibited and noxious weeds.
- Experience in operating ATV’s/UTV’s, boats and other equipment would be considered an asset.
Eligible applicants must be able to lift a minimum of 23 kg (50 lbs). We are willing to train the right candidate. Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Send resumes to:
Manager of Agricultural Services
County of Stettler No. 6
Phone: (403) 742-4441
Fax: (403) 742-1277