Parks & Agricultural Services
Parks Technician (Seasonal)
Kneehill County ASB is seeking 2 qualified, dynamic, knowledgeable, and energetic individuals for seasonal Landscape Technician positions. Successful individuals will function maintaining public lands, and completing other duties as determined by Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or designate.
2021 Wage: $21.00/hr
Duties of the successful candidate will include:
· Working under provincial legislation and programs such as The Alberta Weed Control Act.
· Routine maintenance, cleaning and stocking of recreational sites and campgrounds.
· Conduct landscape maintenance and projects on public lands, parks, hamlets and cemeteries.
· Operate equipment such as; all mowing equipment, chainsaw, forklift, skid steer, utility tractor, etc.
· Plant and/or move and maintain trees, shrubs, grassed areas and/or gardens and other plants.
· Build or repair fencing, retaining walls, picnic tables and other small infrastructure or wood work.
· May apply fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and other lawn care products
· Daily records, small projects, cleaning & maintenance of vehicles, equipment and ASB shop.
· Participate in safety meetings and training as part of the County’s health and safety program.
· Other duties as determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or designate.
· 1-2 years landscape or similar experience and/or relevant post-secondary education
· Valid Class 5 Alberta Drivers License;
· Experience with towing trailers and operating equipment would be considered an asset
· Mechanical knowledge and aptitude to repair and maintain equipment;
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently with others and alone;
· Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisors, co-workers and the public;
· Strong problem solving skills;
· Experience in carpentry / woodworking / landscape construction would be considered an asset
· Able to follow instructions as given and prioritize tasks;
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and perform work outdoors;
· An asset but not required for the position would be holding an Alberta Pesticide Applicators Certification or the eligibility to obtain an Alberta Authorized Assistant Applicators License
· Strong work ethic and self-starter
· Able to adapt to changing priorities and commitment to project success and timelines
· Excellent communication, records management and organizational skills
· Great teamwork, partnering, and networking skills
· Strong commitment to public service and safety
· Good with technology i.e. computers, GIS, GPS
· Good sense of humor
Please forward your resume one of the following ways:
Mail: Kneehill County - Human Resources
Box 400 Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0
If you have, any question please Phone: (403) 443-5541 or Toll free: 1(866) 443-5541
This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are chosen. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.