Seasonal Employment: Beautification Technician
Competition # SBT2024 | until suitable candidates are found
The Municipal District of Lesser Slave River requires Beautification Technicians for approximately the period of May to September 2024. The positions will be based out of the Flatbush sub-office, or the possible option of the Slave Lake Shop, with a 40-hour work week based on a rotating schedule including weekends. The Beautification Technicians are responsible for the flower maintenance, parks maintenance, outhouses, municipal property maintenance and Provincial Recreation Areas.
- Perform vegetation maintenance including: planting and watering flowers, maintenance of outhouses, grass cutting, and other various outdoor maintenance duties.
- Operate small equipment including ride-on and handheld mowing equipment.
- Operate a pick-up truck and trailer.
- Pest identification and inspections on private lands as per policy and protocols.
- Use of GIS and GPS systems in recording data and reporting requirements.
- Working extensively with the public as well as public agencies and corporations.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License.
- Basic First Aid Certificate -asset
Salary Range: $21.10 - $27.77 /hour, dependent on education and experience. Accommodations are available on-site in Flatbush at a reasonable cost.
This competition will remain until suitable candidates are hired.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.