Smoky Lake County, Agricultural Services Department has an employment opportunity for the position of Weed Inspector which consists of temporary-full-time work for approximately four months, starting May 1, 2023. The successful candidate must be willing to work flexible hours and preference will be given to students or individuals with a pesticide applicator license or the ability to obtain one, prior experience in agriculture, pesticides, spray operations and weed and plant identification. Smoky Lake County will provide all applicable training.
• Weed inspections on private land;
• Roadside and spot spraying of weeds;
• Working with producers to control noxious weeds;
• Insect and crop disease surveys;
• General maintenance and equipment upkeep.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Valid Alberta driver’s license;
• Pesticide Applicators License or Authorized Assistant Applicator License
• Weed species identification;
• Modern agricultural production practices; and
• Any applicable experience and training.
Wage will be based on qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes in strict confidence by noon March 24 th, 2023 to:
Amanda Kihn, Acting Agricultural Fieldman
Box 310 Smoky Lake, Alberta, T0A 3C0
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. www.smokylakecounty.ab.ca