The Municipal District of Spirit River No. 133 is now accepting applications for Seasonal Labourer Positions.
Seasonal Labourer - 2 Position
Commencing in May and reporting to the Agricultural Fieldman and Superintendent of Public Works, the Seasonal Labourers will work outdoors in all weather conditions and assist with roadside seeding, weed control, vegetation management, road maintenance, and light equipment and mowing machinery, and perform other tasks as directed by management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Locating mowing sites on a map.
- Manual and mechanical weed control.
- Mowing grass.
- Rock picking, sign repairs, and trash removal.
- Notifying the Agricultural Fieldman of noxious and prohibited noxious weeds and providing land location.
- Seeding ditches, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract. Class 3 preferred.
- Experience operating mowers, trimmers, seeders, UTVs, and ATVs
- Ability to maintain equipment (i.e change oil and lights)
- Knowledge of regulated weeds an asset
- Ability to follow directions, manage time and priorities, and ability to multitask.
- Comfortable reading maps.
- Comfortable hauling trailers.
- Physically fit.
These are temporary positions and will commence in May, 2022 and last until September, or projects and weather conditions allow.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and a driver’s abstract will be requested.
Please quote position title when applying.
Deadline for applications is March 18, 2022.
Resumes can also be dropped off at the office at 4202-50 Street or mailed to the MD of Spirit River No.133 Box 389 Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0.