Agricultural Service Board (ASB)
Spray Truck Operator
Kneehill County ASB is seeking a qualified, dynamic, knowledgeable, and energetic individual as Seasonal Spray Truck Operator. This individual will contribute to delivering the weed control program operating spray trucks and equipment applying herbicide on roadways and designated areas, and complete other duties as determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or Designate.
2021 Wage: $22.50/hr
Duties of the successful candidate will include:
· Working under Provincial legislation and programs such as: The Agricultural Service Board Act, Alberta Weed Control Act, Soil Conservation Act, and The Agricultural Pests Act.
· Operation and maintenance of spray equipment on public and private lands.
· Maintaining detailed spray application records with use of GPS.
· Assist with weed inspection and Provincial surveys as required.
· Operate other equipment such as a telehandler, toolcat and mowing tractor.
· Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of ASB vehicles, shop and area.
· Other duties as determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or Designate.
· Participate in safety meetings and training as part of the County’s health and safety program.
· Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License, experience towing trailers and equipment operation;
· Education in agriculture, environmental or biology field/s and an agricultural background;
· Hold an Alberta Pesticide Applicators Certification or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Authorized Assistant applicators license;
· Strong plant/weed identification skills
· Strong Mechanical Aptitude
· Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisor, co-workers and the public;
· Able to follow instructions as given and prioritize tasks;
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and perform work outdoors in all weather conditions
· Strong work ethic and self-starter
· Excellent communication, records management, and organizational skills
· Good teamwork, partnering, and networking skills
· Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work alone for extended periods
· Strong commitment to public service and safety
· Good with technology i.e. computers, GIS, GPS
· Good sense of humor
Please forward your resume one of the following ways:
Mail: Kneehill County - Human Resources
Three Hills, AB
If you have, any questions please Phone: (403) 443-5541 or Toll free: 1(866) 443-5541
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been chosen. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.