Seasonal Parks Worker
(Temporary, Full-Time Position)
Reporting to the Environmental Fieldman, the MD of Bighorn is currently accepting applications for a Seasonal Parks Worker.
Responsibilities of the successful applicant will include:
- Inspect and maintain outdoor amenities such as green spaces, playgrounds, and trails.
- Operate various equipment to perform work such as ride-on and push mowers, weed trimmer, gas powered hand tools, shovels, rakes, trucks and trailers.
- General landscaping tasks.
- Garbage and recycling collection and dog waste bag refills.
- Maintain all related all related equipment and perform minor repairs.
- Regular cleaning of vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain detailed records and maintenance log reports.
- May be required to operate equipment such as a forklift, skid steer, & chainsaw.
- Other duties as determined by the Environmental Fieldman or Assistant Environmental Fieldman.
- Participating in safety meetings and training as part of the MD’s Health and Safety program.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience with operating and maintaining mowing equipment, trimmers and general hand tools.
- Physically able to perform medium lifting up to 50lbs, be on your feet for multiple hours per day, and labour tasks outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Comfortable with working alone and able to work effectively with others
- Effective and courteous communicator with supervisor, co-workers and members of the public.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license and acceptable driving record (a 5-yr driver’s abstract will be requested if interviewed).
Conditions of Employment:
- Employment Term is May to September (start and end dates are flexible)
- Position is based in Exshaw, Alberta
- Wage: $20/hr + vacation pay
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday (40hrs per week)
- Smoking restrictions apply to the workplace
Submissions can be addressed to the Environmental Fieldman and will be received in confidence until 4:00pm on Monday March 30, 2020 to:
Leslie Rea, Executive Assistant
Mail: PO Box 310, Exshaw AB, T0L 2C0;
In Person: #2 Heart Mountain Drive, Exshaw, Alberta;
Fax: to 403 673-3895; or
(please reference Application for Seasonal Parks Worker in the subject line)
The MD of Bighorn thanks all applicants for their interest but advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.