Summer Employment Opportunities
The Agricultural Service Board is currently accepting applications for various summer weed control positions. Positions will commence in May.
Successful candidates will be responsible for conducting weed control programs within the county. Other duties include assisting with the delivery of the Agricultural Service Board’s shelterbelt tree program and conservation projects, service and maintenance of equipment, and agricultural pest monitoring.
- Applicant pursuing a post-secondary education in an Agricultural, Environmental Science or related program, would be preferred.
- Good communication skills as well as the ability to maintain accurate records and reports.
- A pesticide applicators license and basic weed/plant identification would be considered an asset.
- The ability to operate GPS and computerized spray systems would also be an asset.
- Applicants must posses a valid class 5 drivers’ license.
Successful applicants will receive the training necessary for these positions.
Deadline for application is February 28, 2020 by 4:30 pm:
County of Barrhead Agricultural Service Board
5306 – 49 Street
Barrhead, Alberta T7N 1N5
For information regarding these positions please contact:
Kyle Meunier or Jay Byer at 780-674-3331.
Thank you to all candidates who applied.Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted