Smoky Lake County is seeking 2 self-motivated individuals for the seasonal position of Weed Inspector/ Pesticide Applicator for approximately four months, starting May 1, 2019. The successful candidate must be willing to work flexible hours and preference will be given to individuals with a pesticide applicator license or the ability to obtain one, prior experience in agriculture, pesticides, spray operations and weed and plant identification. Smoky Lake County does provide all applicable training.
- Roadside and spot spraying of weeds;
- Weed inspection on private land;
- Working with producers to control noxious weeds;
- Insect and disease surveys;
- General maintenance and equipment upkeep.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Valid Alberta driver’s license;
- Pesticide Applicators License or
- Authorized Assistant Pesticide License;
- Weed species identification;
- Modern agricultural production practices; and
- Any applicable experience and training.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes in strict confidence by noon March 31st, 2019 to:
Tori Cherniawsky, Agricultural Fieldman
Box 310 Smoky Lake, Alberta, T0A 3C0
Fax: (780) 656-3768
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wage will be based on qualifications and experience.