6 Temporary Full Time Positions
Rate of Pay
$21.01 - $24.56
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday
8 am – 4:30 pm May 6 – May 10 Monday - Thursday
7 am – 5:30 pm May 13 – August 23
Competition Close Date
February 15, 2019
What a Labourer does:
Perform park and trail maintenance activities within Sturgeon County.
- Perform park and trail maintenance activities such as grass cutting, weed control, brush clearing, washroom cleaning and maintenance, garbage collection, plant watering and special event preparation.
- Perform reclamation work in road construction areas.
- Safely operate various equipment to perform work, including: push and riding lawnmowers, skid steers, tractors, weed trimmers, utility terrain vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, pickup trucks and power tools.
- Haul equipment to various worksites.
- Maintain related equipment and perform minor repairs.
- Assist with preparations of the park for special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities asoutlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in lawn care and property maintenance.
- Ability to perform medium lifting of 25 kilograms and to perform strenuous work outdoors for extended time periods.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable 5-year commercial driver’s abstract.
- Minimum Emergency First Aid certificate.
- Defensive Driving course certificate, or the ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Experience with trailer hookup, cargo securement and towing.
- Experience driving a pickup on gravel roads would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisor, co-workers and the public.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude to repair and maintain lawn maintenance equipment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email quoting the competition number in the subject line to:
Morinville, AB T8R 1L9
Applicants must submit at time of application a 5-year Commercial Drivers Abstract dated within 30 days of application. Internal driver evaluations will be conducted prior to hire. Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Sturgeon County is an equal opportunity employer.