Competition # 1902 | Closes March 15, 2019
The Municipal District of Lesser Slave River requires 2 Weed Technicians for the period of May to September 2019. The position is based out of the Flatbush sub-office with a 40-hour work week.
- Weed identification and inspection
- Administration and enforcement of the Alberta Weed Control Act
- Assistance in maintenance, repair, and delivery of herbicide application equipment
- Working extensively with the public
- Other duties as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Weed identification and control knowledge
- Computer aptitude
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License
- A Pesticide Applicator’s Certificate (Agricultural/Industrial) would be an asset
- Farm background would be an asset
$18.00-25.11/hour, dependent on education and experience. Accommodations are available on-site at a reasonable cost.
Resumes and cover letters may be submitted in confidence by email or hard copy to the address indicated below. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Municipal District of Lesser Slave River no.124
Box 722 Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0