Kneehill County ASB is seeking qualified, dynamic, knowledgeable, and energetic individuals as Seasonal Spray Truck Operators. These individuals will contribute to delivering the weed control program operating spray trucks and equipment applying herbicide on roadways and designated areas, and complete other duties as determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or Designate.
Duties of the successful candidate will include:
- Working under Provincial legislation and programs such as: The Agricultural Service Board Act, Alberta Weed Control Act, Soil Conservation Act, and The Agricultural Pests Act.
- Operation and maintenance of spray equipment on public and private lands.
- Maintaining detailed spray application records with use of GPS.
- Assist with weed inspection and Provincial surveys as required.
- Assist with Rental Equipment delivery, maintenance and minor repairs.
- Operate other ASB & county equipment such as a forklift and roadside mowing tractor.
- Other duties as determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or Designate.
- Participate in safety meetings and training as part of the County’s health and safety program.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and experience towing trailers and equipment operation;
- Education in agriculture, environmental or biology field/s and an agricultural background;
- Hold an Alberta Pesticide Applicators Certification or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Authorized Assistant applicators license;
- Strong plant/weed identification skills
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisor, co-workers and the public;
- Able to follow instructions as given and prioritize tasks;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and perform work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
- Excellent communication, records management, and organizational skills
- Good teamwork, partnering, and networking skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work alone for extended periods
- Strong commitment to public service and safety
- Good with technology i.e. computers, GIS, GPS
- Good sense of humor
Please forward your resume one of the following ways:
Mail: Kneehill County - Human Resources
Box 400 Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0
If you have, any question please Phone: (403) 443-5541 or Toll free: 1(866) 443-5541
This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are chosen. We thank all applicants for their interest and we will contact all applicants.