Kneehill County ASB is seeking 6 qualified, dynamic, knowledgeable, and energetic individuals for seasonal mowing positions. Successful individuals will contribute to the public lands maintenance program by the mowing and maintaining of public lands, and completing other duties determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or Designate.
Duties of the successful candidate will include:
- Working under provincial legislation and programs such as The Alberta Weed Control Act.
- Operation of all mowing equipment such as; different types of mowers, weed whips, and towing trailers with equipment
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of vehicles, mowing equipment and shop.
- Maintaining detailed daily mowing and maintenance log reports
- Conduct parks and cemetery maintenance as required.
- May be required to operate equipment such as a forklift, skid steer, chainsaw, utility tractor, etc.
- Other duties as determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or Designate.
- Participating in safety meetings and training as part of the County’s Health and Safety program.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License;
- Experience towing trailers and operating equipment would be considered an asset;
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude to repair and maintain equipment;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with others and alone;
- Strong ability to manage records and subsequent reporting in an organized manner;
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisor, co-workers and the public;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Able to follow instructions as given and prioritize tasks;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and perform work outdoors;
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
- Excellent communication, records management and organizational skills
- Great teamwork, partnering, and networking skills
- Strong commitment to public service and safety
- Good with technology i.e. computers, GPS
- Good sense of humor
Please forward your resume one of the following ways:
Mail: Kneehill County - Human Resources
Three Hills, AB, T0M 2A0
If you have, any question please Phone: (403) 443-5541 or Toll free: 1(866) 443-5541
This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are chosen. We thank all applicants for their interest and we will contact all applicants.