Mackenzie County is currently accepting applications for the Assistant Agricultural Fieldman position. This position will be located in Fort Vermilion and is a full-time union position with a 40 hour work week (8 hours per day) Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Agricultural Fieldman, the main duties and requirements for the position will be:
- Assisting the Agricultural Fieldman in implementing programs as set forth by the Agricultural Service Board and Council;
- Agricultural education and/or background is an asset;
- Identification of noxious weeds would be an asset;
- Grade 12 diploma;
- Valid Industrial Pesticide Applicators Certificate would be an asset;
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license;
- Clean drivers abstract;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Basic computer knowledge would be an asset;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Familiarity with the Alberta Township Act (ATS) System and the ability to locate land parcels using legal land description;
- Evidence of successfully passing a Criminal Record Check.
- $23.88/hr. – $31.16/hr.
- Mackenzie County offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Grant Smith, Agricultural Fieldman at (780) 927-3718.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward all resumes and applications to:
Louise Flooren, Human Resources Coordinator
Box 640, Fort Vermilion, AB T0H 1N0