Position: Land Care Coordinator (maternity leave)
Department: Parks & Agricultural Services
Reports To: Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services
Grid Placement: Pay Grade 7
Closing: November 19, 2018
Reporting to the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services, this position administers Alberta Agricultures Environmental Extension Programs, as well as assists in the delivery of Agricultural Service Board (ASB) programs and services. It also supports Parks and Cemetery programing and provides agricultural & parks expertise to boards, committees, ratepayers, and rural and inter-municipal partners.
- Related technical diploma or degree
- Previous supervisory experience or supervisory skills would be an asset
- Agricultural background is a necessity. Specific experience in riparian management, soil conservation, grazing management, nutrient management and extension activities as an asset.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite of programs; working experience with ArcGIS and GPS.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong technical writing skills and experience.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written, communication skills.
- Understanding and working knowledge of policy and programing development
- As an asset, experience in local government and as an Agricultural or Assistant Fieldman.
- Agricultural pest & weed identification and knowledge as it pertains to the acts.
- Hold or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Pesticide Applicator Certificate of qualification in the categories of industrial, agriculture and landscape; including license to issue pest control products (Form 7 from Alberta Agriculture).
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driving license.
- Experience with towing trailers, operating heavy duty equipment and off road vehicles.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lifting up to 50 lbs)
- Clear understanding of the Acts under which the department operates including the ASB Act, Alberta Weed Control Act, Pest Control Act, Soil Conservation Act, Animal Health Act, and Cemetery’s act.
- Good sense of humor
Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume to:
Three Hills, AB, T0M 2A0