The County of Two Hills Agricultural Service Board is seeking a highly motivated person to join our team as Municipal Conservation Coordinator.
Key qualifications include a Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Agricultural or Environmental Sciences (with equivalent experience considered). The Coordinator will deliver the Agricultural/Environmental programs set out by the Agricultural Service Board. Expertise in riparian area management, soil conservation, grazing management, nutrient management, climate change, and extension activities would be an asset.
Key components of the position include:
- Aid in development and adoption of management practices to improve environmental sustainability of agriculture producers.
- Develop and recommend practices to help landowners better manage their land and water resources.
- Assist landowners with developing Environmental Farm Plans and support Growing Forward applications.
- Liaise with agribusiness and industry and coordinate and conduct environmental programming.
- Use tours, workshops, written articles, and one-on-one work (including farm calls) to inform producers about environmentally sustainable agricultural practices.
- Coordinate and administer an agricultural recycling program.
- Implement and co-ordinate the ALUS program with County residents.
A competitive salary and comprehensive municipal benefits package will be available. The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and drivers abstract. Some weekend and evening work may be required. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application process will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications clearly marked: “CONFIDENTIAL – Municipal Conservation Coordinator” can be submitted to:
Elden Kozak Agricultural Fieldman
County of Two Hills