Municipal District of Taber
Seasonal Equipment Operator
The MD of Taber is actively searching for applicants to fill the position of “Seasonal Equipment Operator” with the Agricultural Services Department. This position will involve physical and hands on work. This position involves working in a team environment as well as working alone so applicant must be self-motivated.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Roadside mowing
- Roadside vegetation control, including applying vegetation control products
- Parks and recreation upgrades
- Right of way tree/ brush control
- Equipment maintenance
- Hamlet maintenance
Qualification and skills required:
- Must be physically able to perform duties pertinent to operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally
- Must be well organized
- Knowledge in various kinds of machinery considered an asset
- Valid class 5 drivers license required; valid class 3 drivers license considered an asset
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications
- Boot allowance for the purchase of safety footwear; all other safety equipment supplied
- Safety training provided
The MD of Taber is an equal opportunity employer and invites all interested applicants to submit a resume including a current driver’s abstract and a minimum of two work related references.
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.