Seasonal Mowing Technician
Kneehill County is seeking detailed, industrious, sensible, and energetic individuals for seasonal Mowing Technician positions. Successful individuals will contribute to Parks and Public Lands programming through mowing, maintenance and beautification of parks, cemeteries, and other Kneehill County properties, as well as complete other duties as required determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or Designate. Kneehill County offers a fun, collaborative work environment with various team building and appreciation activities, learning opportunities, and provides all safety and position specific supplies and training.
Duties of the successful candidate will include:
- Operation of equipment such as; different types of mowers, weed trimmers, leaf blowers, and towing trailers with equipment
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of vehicles, mowing equipment and shop.
- Maintaining detailed daily mowing and maintenance log reports
- Conduct public lands maintenance as required.
- May be required to operate equipment such as a telehandler, skid steer, utility tractor, etc.
- Working under provincial legislation and programs such as The Alberta Weed Control Act.
- Participating in safety meetings and training as part of Kneehill County’s Safety program.
- Other duties as determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or Designate.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License;
- Experience towing trailers and operating equipment would be considered an asset;
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude to repair and maintain equipment;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team and alone;
- Strong ability to manage records and subsequent reporting in an organized manner;
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisor, co-workers and the public;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Able to follow instructions as given and prioritize tasks;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and perform work outdoors in various weather conditions;
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
- Excellent communication, records management and organizational skills
- Great teamwork, partnering, and networking skills
- Strong commitment to public service and safety
- Good with technology i.e. computers and mobile apps
- Good sense of humor
If you have the skill set to match our needs, please visit our website for information on submitting your resume for consideration.
Closing Date: March 1, 2024
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applicants must be entitled to legally work in Canada and reside in the general area (or be willing to).