Seasonal (6 Month) Agricultural Labourer
The Starland County Agricultural Service Board (ASB) is searching for a Seasonal (6 month) Agricultural Labourer for the 2024 season. Under direction of the Agricultural Fieldman and assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
● ASB equipment operation and equipment maintenance,
● Delivery and set up of rental equipment
● Roadside vegetation management, and roadside spraying and herbicide application
● Shelterbelt tree planting
● Weed and pest control operation on public and private land
● Conducting pest surveys
● Roadside grass seeding operations in the county.
● Valid Class 5 Alberta Drivers License and Boat License
● Pesticide Applicator Licence or Equivalent
● Pesticide Application Experience
● Weed and Insect Identification
● Mechanically Inclined
● Agricultural Background
● Physically Fit
● Comfortable with Technology
Expected starting wage will be $19.00 - $28.00 per hour based upon education and experience. Employment will commence on or near May 1st and end on or near October 27th.
Employees are responsible for full cooperation with all aspects of the health and safety program, including compliance with all rules and regulations, and for continually practicing safety while performing their duties. Starland County has a Substance Abuse Prevention Policy in place as a reflection of our commitment to protect the health and safety of employees, co-workers, the general public and the environment. In accordance with this policy, Pre-Employment drug and alcohol testing is required prior to commencing employment.
Are you reliable, personable with the public and a team player? If so, we want to hear from you!
For more details on this job position please contact Marcia Raymond at (403) 772-3793. This employment opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.