The Municipal District of Lesser Slave River is seeking Landscape Technicians for seasonal employment for approximately the period of May to September 2023. The positions will be based out of our Slave Lake shop, with a 40-hour work week.
- Conducts mechanical vegetation management using riding mowers, push mowers, small tractors, rototillers, and trimmers at the following municipal greenspaces: parks, municipal reserves, campgrounds, cemeteries, hamlets, sub-division ditches, sewage lagoons.
- Operates, maintains, and inspects equipment including mowers, trimmers, ATVs/UTVs, trucks, and trailers.
- Carries out loading, unloading, and towing equipment on trailers.
- Partakes in physical labor including general landscape and facility maintenance and construction.
- Participates in the Municipal Health and Safety Program.
- Other duties as required.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License is required.
- Basic First Aid Certificate is required.
- Mechanical aptitude. Basic chainsaw certificate would be an asset.
- Experience with operation of landscape equipment and the ability to use hand landscape tools would be an asset.
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, positive attitude.
- Works well independently as well as in a team environment.
Salary Range: $16.93-23.46/hour, dependent on experience.
This competition will remain open until March 1, 2022 or until suitable candidates is hired.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.