Casual Class 4 Equipment Operator
Competition #: ASB-2021-01
Department: Agriculture Services (ASB)
Pay Class: Class 4 Rate – 2021 CUPE 2800 Contract ($30.74/hr start rate $32.63/hr job rate)
Reports To: Supervisor of Agriculture Services, Assistant Ag. Fieldman or ASB Lead Hand
1. Previous experience operation a large (85+ horse power) tractor. This position will be
subject to field evaluations to determine abilities in operating specified equipment.
2. Experience with pesticide application; a valid pesticide applicator certificate would be an
3. Have a minimum Class 5 Driver’s License in good standing. Preference will be given to
candidates with an Air brake (Q) endorsement and/or a higher license Class 3 or 1. A copy
of driver’s license abstract is mandatory yearly as per County policy.
4. Grade 12 High School Education, GED or equivalent work-related experience.
5. Experience operating a chainsaw.
6. Have experience and knowledge in the operation of various agriculture equipment:
tractors, pull type mowers and three-point hitch equipment etc.
7. Knowledge of weeds, pests and soil through farming or agriculture background is desired.
8. Team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
9. Candidate must be physically fit, work independently and be a self-starter.
10. Ability to lift heavy items up to 50kg occasionally as required.
11. Position is subject to overtime as required by the department to accomplish tasks in an
efficient and timely fashion.
1. The primary responsibilities in this position will be to operate a 15-foot roadside pull type
mower and to operate a 3 ton spray boom truck.
2. Perform spray operations using chemicals as set out by Alberta Environment.
3. Operate additional equipment that includes but is not limited to tractors, 3pt. hitch type
equipment such as mowers and seeders and weed sprayers (3-ton, 3/4 ton truck, ATV,
backpack) including loading and unloading machinery onto tandem trailer for movement
to County locations as required.
4. Operate chainsaw for brush clearing.
5. Conduct daily inspections and provide basic daily maintenance on equipment.
6. Provide accurate record keeping on daily spray records, mowing maps, daily field
reports and on weekly time sheets.
7. Be an active participant in Lethbridge County’s Health and Safety program.
8. Various other duties as they arise.
1. This position will work 9-hour days Monday through Thursday (7am-4:30pm) and 8 hours
on Friday (7am-3:30pm). Seasonal hours may change as per CUPE agreement.
2. Position Reporting Site: Primary – Picture Butte Yellow Shop. Secondary – May vary as
per Supervisor instruction, within Lethbridge County.
3. This position is subject to overtime in order to accomplish tasks in an efficient and timely
If you have the qualifications and believe this could be the perfect opportunity for you, please
apply by sending your cover letter and resume or internal application with 5-year drivers
included in the first round of screening. This competition will remain open until a suitable
candidate is found.
This competition was posted internally and externally on Thursday, April 1, 2021.
PB Yellow Shop, Lethbridge Admin Office, Coaldale Shop, Fleet (Blue) Shop, Email to All Staff
and Seasonal Info Group, email to-CUPE Local 2800 and externally