The Starland County Agricultural Service Board (ASB) is searching for a Seasonal (6 month) Agricultural Labourer for the 2020 season. Under direction of the Agricultural Fieldman and assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for ASB equipment operation, ASB equipment maintenance, delivery and set up of rental equipment, roadside vegetation management, shelterbelt tree planting, weed and pest control operation on public and private land, assistance in pest surveys, and roadside grass seeding operations in the county.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Drivers License
- Pesticide Applicator Licence or Equivalent
- Pesticide Application Experience
- Weed and Insect Identification
- Mechanically Inclined
- Agricultural Background
- Physically Fit
- Comfortable with Technology
- Expected starting wage will be $19.00 - $28.00/ Hr based upon education and experience.
Employment will commence on or near May 4th and end on or near October 30 .
Starland County is a drug and alcohol-free workplace so successful candidate’s must submit to a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
For more details on this job position please contact Alan Hampton or Dara Kudras at (403) 772-3793. Applications must be received by Friday, March 20 , 2020.