Smoky Lake County is seeking 1 self-motivated individual for the seasonal position of Weed Inspector for approximately four months, starting May 4, 2020. The successful candidate must be willing to work flexible hours and preference will be given to individuals with a pesticide applicator license or the ability to obtain one, prior experience in agriculture, pesticides, spray operations and weed and plant identification. Smoky Lake County will provide all applicable training.
- Roadside and spot spraying of weeds;
- Weed inspection on private land;
- Working with producers to control noxious weeds;
- Insect and crop disease surveys;
- General maintenance and equipment upkeep.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Valid Alberta driver’s license;
- Pesticide Applicators License or Authorized Assistant Applicator License
- Weed species identification;
- Modern agricultural production practices; and
- Any applicable experience and training.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes in strict confidence by noon March 13th, 2020 to:
Amanda Kihn, Assistant Agricultural Fieldman
Box 310 Smoky Lake, Alberta, T0A 3C0
Fax: (780) 656-3768
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wage will be based on qualifications and experience.