Employment Opportunity- Seasonal Herbicide Applicator – 1 Positions
The Municipal District of Spirit River No.133 is now accepting applications for a Seasonal Herbicide Applicator Position.
Herbicide Applicator - 1 Position
Commencing in May and reporting to the Agricultural Fieldman, the Herbicide Applicator will be required to operate the MD’s Spray truck and spray roadside weeds and brush on MD owned property including roadside ditches and gravel pits. He/She will also perform other tasks as directed by management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing and documenting areas to be sprayed and determining priorities.
- Locating Spray area on a map
- Safely loading and mixing water and chemical and transporting to spray site.
- Determining and then double checking that the area is not a “Do Not Spray” zone.
- Identifying target species while on the move.
- Monitoring water/chemical use and distance covered.
- Operating spray equipment; including truck, UTV, ATV, and backpack.
- Maintaining spray records
- Daily and Monthly reporting.
- Chemical spill containment and clean-up.
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Experience with weed and crop identification.
- Pesticide Applicator License (Industrial and Agriculture) or Authorized Assistant certification an asset.
- Ability to maintain the equipment.
- Ability to manage time and priorities, and ability to multitask.
- Comfortable reading maps.
- Spray truck, UTV, ATV, trailer hauling experience an asset
- Physically fit.
This is a temporary position and will commence in May, 2020 and last until approximately September.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and a driver’s abstract will be requested.
Please quote position title when applying.
These positions follow the CUPE Local 787-02 Collective Agreement.
Deadline for applications is March 15, 2020.
Resumes can also be dropped off at the office at 4202-50 Street or mailed to the MD of Spirit River No. 133 Box 389 Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0.