County of St. Paul No. 19
AGRICULTURE SERVICE BOARD MOWER OPERATOR
The County of St. Paul No. 19 is currently accepting applications for a seasonal position starting around June 8, 2020 and ending around September 11, 2020.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated individual, have excellent communication skills and demonstrate team player philosophy.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- • Report directly to the Agricultural Fieldman and Assistant Agricultural Fieldman.
- • Have a valid class 5 licence.
- • Adhere to Health and Safety Legislation and The County of St. Paul safe work policies and procedures, ensuring the protection and safety or self, co-workers, the public and the environment.
- • Hold or ability to obtain a Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate, a WHMIS Certificate and an Assistant Ap-plicators Licence.
- • Operate a tractor and roadside mower with a sidearm on County roadways.
- • Maintain a tractor and a roadside mower with a sidearm (Greasing, parts replacement, blade changing, etc..)
- • Keep accurate records of daily activites.
- • Keep spray records and operate a Wetblade computer on a tractor.
- • Provide support for other seasonal ASB staff.
- • Assist Public Works Department when required.
- • Ability to hitch and unhitch trailers, tie down equipment, and transport trailered equipment.
- • Other duties or special projects as assigned.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- • Well developed interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- • Demonstrate initiative and have the ability to work independently in a multi-task environment.
We offer a competitive salary ranging from $27.61—$35.20/hr depending on experience and expertise. Ideal starting date would be June 8, 2020 but could be flexible for a suitable candidate. Resumes outlining, qualifica-tions, references and experience will be received in confidence until a suitable candidate is found to:
Keith Kornelsen, Agricultural Fieldman
County of St. Paul
5015 – 49 Avenue
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A4
Phone: 780-645-3006 Ext. 236 Fax: 780-645-1800
We thank all those applicants who have shown an interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.