County of St. Paul No. 19
AGRICULTURE SERVICE BOARD SUMMER STUDENT
The County of St. Paul No. 19 is currently accepting applications for a seasonal position starting May 4, 2020 and ending August 28, 2020.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated individual, have excellent communication skills and demonstrate team player philosophy.
- • Provide hands-on services and implement weed inspection/pesticide application, pest and nuisance wildlife control, and all other ASB Programs.
- • Monitor the identification, reporting and control of weed, pest, insect and disease control programs for the County.
- • Assist in beaver related flooding issues and beaver dam removal.
- • Attend regional workshops and training seminars.
- • Other duties or special projects as assigned.
- • Conduct pest and weed surveys.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- • Possession or able to obtain a valid Assistant Pesticide Applicator Licence of qualification in Agriculture, Landscape and Industrial Classifications.
- • A valid Alberta Class 5 vehicle licence.
- • Preference given to a person with good experience in the provision of agriculture-related service area.
- • Knowledge of: techniques managing specified agricultural problems, Weed Control Act, Agricultural Services Board Act, Agricultural Pests Act, Environmental Code of Practice for Pesticides and related OH&S legislation, etc.
- • Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office and Windows.
- • Well developed interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- • Demonstrate initiative and have the ability to work independently in a multi-task environment.
We offer a competitive salary ranging from $17.03—$23.43/hr depending on experience and expertise. Ideal starting date would be May 4, 2020 but could be flexible for a suitable candidate. Resumes outlining, qualifica-tions, references and experience will be received in confidence until a suitable candidate is found to:
Keith Kornelsen, Agricultural Fieldman
County of St. Paul
5015 – 49 Avenue
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A4
Phone: 780-645-3006 Ext. 236 Fax: 780-645-1800
We thank all those applicants who have shown an interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.