Seasonal Parks Worker
(Temporary, Full-Time Position)
Reporting to the Environmental Fieldman, the MD of Bighorn is currently accepting applications for a Seasonal Parks Worker.
Duties of the successful applicant will include: Operation of mowing equipment and hand tools such as; different types of mowers, trimmers, shovels and rakes. General landscaping tasks. Garbage and recycling collection and dog waste bag refills. Trail inspections and maintenance as required. Maintenance and cleaning of vehicles, mowing equipment and work areas. Maintaining detailed records and maintenance log reports. May be required to operate equipment such as a forklift, skid steer, & chainsaw. Participating in safety meetings and training as part of the MD’s Health and Safety program. Other duties as determined by the Environmental Fieldman or Assistant Environmental Fieldman.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience with operating and maintaining mowing equipment, trimmers and general hand tools.
- Physically able to perform medium lifting up to 50lbs and labour tasks outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to work effectively with others and alone
- Effective and courteous communicator with supervisor, co-workers and members of the public.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license (a driver’s abstract will be requested from the successful candidate).
Conditions of Employment:
- Employment Term is mid-May to late August
- Position is based in Exshaw, Alberta
- Wage: $20/hr + vacation pay
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday (40hrs per week)
- Smoking restrictions apply to the workplace
Submissions can be addressed to the Environmental Fieldman and will be received in confidence until 4:00pm on Friday March 22, 2019 to:
Leslie Rea, Executive Assistant
Mail: PO Box 310, Exshaw AB, T0L 2C0;
In Person: #2 Heart Mountain Drive, Exshaw, Alberta;
Fax: to 403 673-3895; or
(please reference Application for Seasonal Parks Worker in the subject line)
The MD of Bighorn thanks all applicants for their interest but advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.