5 Temporary Full Time Positions
Rate of Pay
$23.76 - $27.80
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday
8 am – 4:30 pm May 13 – May 17 Monday - Thursday
7 am – 5:30 pm May 20 – September 26
Competition Close Date
February 15, 2019
What an Operator does:
Operate equipment to mow grass and weeds on municipal land.
- Operate a 100-horsepower tractor with a 15-foot rotary cutter to mow grass and weeds on municipal road allowances, and park reserves.
- Perform weed control work on private lands, as directed by supervisor.
- Utilize a variety of tractor implements to perform reclamation work in road construction areas;
- Maintain all related equipment and assist with servicing and repairs.
- Keep detailed records of work and equipment maintenance activities;
- Perform other vegetation management and park maintenance duties when weather is restrictive to mowing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in lawn care and property maintenance.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable 5-year commercial driver’s abstract.
- Ability to perform medium lifting of 25 kilograms and to perform strenuous work outdoors for extended time periods.
- Minimum Emergency First Aid certificate.
- Defensive Driving course certificate, (the ability to obtain prior to start date).
- Experience driving a pickup on gravel roads would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisor, co-workers and the public.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude to repair and maintain tractors and other implements.
- Knowledge of agronomic practices and an agricultural background would be an asset.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email quoting the competition number in the subject line to:
Morinville, AB T8R 1L9
Applicants must submit at time of application a 5-year Commercial Drivers Abstract dated within 30 days of application. Internal driver evaluations will be conducted prior to hire. Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Sturgeon County is an equal opportunity employer.