3 Temporary Full Time Positions
Rate of Pay
$20.16 - $23.57
Hours of Work
Friday – Sunday various shifts between 21 and 24 hours per week
May 6 – September 29
Competition Close Date
February 15, 2019
What a Labourer does:
Perform mowing and park, trail maintenance activities within Sturgeon County.
- Perform park and trail maintenance activities such as grass cutting, weed control, washroom cleaning, garbage collection, plant watering and special event preparation.
- Safely operate various equipment to perform work, including push and riding lawnmowers, weed trimmers, utility terrain vehicles, pickup trucks and power tools.
- Maintain related equipment and perform minor repairs.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
What are we looking for?
- Some experience in lawn care and property maintenance.
- Physical ability to perform medium lifting up to 25 kilograms and perform strenuous work outdoors for extended time periods.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Minimum Emergency First Aid certificate or the ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Defensive Driving course certificate or the ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Experience with trailer hookup, cargo securement and towing.
- Experience driving a pickup on gravel roads would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisors, co-workers and the public.
- Ability to operate and maintain mowing and other related equipment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email quoting the competition number in the subject line to:
Morinville, AB T8R 1L9
Applicants must submit at time of application a 5-year Commercial Drivers Abstract dated within 30 days of application. Internal driver evaluations will be conducted prior to hire. Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Sturgeon County is an equal opportunity employer.