The County of St. Paul No. 19 is currently accepting applications for a seasonal position starting around June 10, 2019 and ending around September 13, 2019.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated individual, have excellent communication skills and demonstrate team player philosophy.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Report directly to the Agricultural Fieldman and Assistant Agricultural Fieldman.
- Have a valid class 5 licence.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Legislation and The County of St. Paul safe work policies and procedures, ensuring the protection and safety or self, co-workers, the public and the environment.
- Hold or ability to obtain a Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate, a WHMIS Certificate and an Assistant Applicators Licence.
- Operate a tractor and roadside mower with a sidearm on County roadways.
- Maintain a tractor and a roadside mower with a sidearm (Greasing, parts replacement, blade changing, etc..)
- Keep accurate records of daily activites.
- Keep spray records and operate a Wetblade computer on a tractor.
- Provide support for other seasonal ASB staff.
- Assist Public Works Department when required.
- Ability to hitch and unhitch trailers, tie down equipment, and transport trailered equipment.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Demonstrate initiative and have the ability to work independently in a multi-task environment.
We offer a competitive salary ranging from $27.61—$35.20/hr depending on experience and expertise. Ideal starting date would be June 10, 2019 but could be flexible for a suitable candidate. Resumes outlining, qualifications, references and experience will be received in confidence until a suitable candidate is found to:
Keith Kornelsen, Agricultural Fieldman
County of St. Pau
l5015 – 49 Avenue
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A4
Phone: 780-645-3006 Ext. 236 Fax: 780-645-1800
We thank all those applicants who have shown an interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.