Kneehill County Parks & Agricultural Services is seeking a fulltime qualified, knowledgeable, and energetic individual as Parks Technician Lead. The position will lead a seasonal crew maintaining the County’s public lands, and completing other duties as determined by Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or designate.
Duties of the successful candidate will include:
- Working under provincial legislation and programs such as The Alberta Weed Control Act.
- Supervising seasonal staff as directed.
- Working under the Public Lands Coordinator to successfully achieve departmental goals & tasks.
- Assisting with improving and /or developing plans and procedures for public lands.
- Routine maintenance, cleaning and stocking of recreational sites and campgrounds.
- Conducting landscape maintenance and projects on public lands, parks, hamlets and cemeteries.
- Operating and hauling equipment such as: mowers, chainsaw, forklift, skid steer, utility tractor, etc.
- Planting or moving and maintaining trees, shrubs, grassed areas and/or gardens and other plants.
- Building or repairing fencing, picnic tables and other small infrastructure or wood work.
- May apply fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and other lawn care products.
- Daily records, small projects, cleaning & maintenance of vehicles, equipment and ASB shop.
- Participating in safety meetings and training as part of the County’s Health and Safety program.
- Other duties as determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or designate.
- 3-5 years’ landscape or similar experience and/or relevant post-secondary education;
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and experience with towing trailers and operating equipment
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude to troubleshoot or repair and maintain equipment;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with others and alone;
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisors, co-workers and the public;
- Strong problem solving skills and able to follow instructions as given and prioritize tasks;
- Experience in carpentry / woodworking / landscape construction considered an asset
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and perform physical work outdoors in all conditions;
- An asset but not required would be holding an Alberta Pesticide Applicators Certification or the eligibility to obtain an Alberta Authorized Assistant Applicators License.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter and able to adapt and prioritize change
- Excellent communication, records management and organizational skills
- Great leadership, teamwork, partnering, and networking skills
- Strong commitment to public service and safety
- Good with technology i.e. Microsoft suite of programs, computers, GIS, GPS
- Good sense of humor
Please forward your resume one of the following ways:
Mail: Kneehill County - Human Resources
Box 400 Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0
If you have, any question please Phone: (403) 443-5541 or Toll free: 1(866) 443-5541
This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are chosen. We thank all applicants for their interest and we will contact all applicants.