Term June 25, 2018-October 31, 2018
Thorhild County is seeking a suitable individual to carry out the following duties:
- Operate a 125-horsepower tractor with a 15-foot rotary cutter and sidearm unit to mow grass and weeds on municipal road allowances.
- Maintain all job-related equipment and assist with servicing and repairs.
- Keep detailed records of work and equipment maintenance.
- Assist in herbicide application or mechanical removal of weeds when weather restricts mowing activity.
- Operate light equipment (primary focus is road-side mowing operations).
- Maintain equipment as per Thorhild County’s Transportation and Safety Manual.
- Other duties deemed necessary.
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisor, coworkers and the public.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with the Alberta Township Survey System (ATS).
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to identify noxious and prohibited noxious weeds.
- A minimum of Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Standard First Aid.
- Physical ability to sit for long periods and to perform a variety of manual tasks (heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting and climbing. Work is performed with exposure to the outdoor elements.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and Driver’s Abstract.
- Must participate in a Fitness to Hire Assessment.
This position is included within the scope of the County’s unionized setting (IUOE Local 955) and is based on an eight (8) hour work day. Current employees of Thorhild County fulfilling the requirements essential to this position shall be considered for this position.
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is hired.
Please forward resumes to:
Payroll & Personnel Manager
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.