Competition # 1802 | Closes March 2, 2018
The Municipal District of Lesser Slave River requires a Weed Inspector for the period of May to September. The position is based out of the Flatbush sub-office, Monday to Friday with a 40-hour work week.
- Weed identification and inspection
- Administration and enforcement of the Alberta Weed Control Act
- Assistance in maintenance, repair, and delivery of herbicide application equipment
- Working extensively with the public
- Other duties as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Weed identification and control knowledge
- Computer aptitude
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License
- A Pesticide Applicator’s Certificate (Agricultural/Industrial) would be an asset
- Farm background would be an asset
Salary Range: $18-24/hour, dependent on education and experience. Accommodations are available on-site at a reasonable cost.
Resumes may be submitted in confidence by email or hard copy to the address indicated below.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Municipal Dstrict of Lesser Slave River no.124
Box 722 Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0