Assistant Agricultural Fieldman
The Assistant Agricultural Fieldman serves as a vital resource to the Manager of Agricultural Services, ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of agricultural services within the MD of Taber. This role encompasses a range of duties from horticultural programming to equipment operation, all while maintaining the highest standards of safety and public relations. The Assistant Agricultural Fieldman also works heavily in extension and education activities, sharing agricultural knowledge and resources with the residents of the MD of Taber.
- Consult with the Manager of Agricultural Services on daily operations and project progress.
- Lead and direct various Agricultural Services teams
- Deliver horticultural programming and services as directed.
- Produce newsletter articles for the quarterly municipal newsletter.
- Assist in delivering extension and education activities to MD residents.
- Participate in field surveys for weeds and other agriculture pests.
- Operate equipment for Agricultural Service Department activities as required.
- Maintain records related to Agricultural Service Department activities.
- Organize, supervise, and when required, perform spray operations.
- Report on project progress and attend Agricultural Service Board meetings as needed.
- Act as a resource to the Manager and perform delegated duties.
Education and Knowledge Required
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Extensive knowledge of Agriculture.
- Agricultural Diploma or Degree considered an asset.
- Previous Horticultural knowledge and training considered an asset.
Experience and Technical Skills Required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in agricultural practice, equipment operation, and maintenance.
- Valid Class 1 or 3 driver's license with Q endorsement considered an asset.
- Valid Alberta Pesticide Applicator Certificate with Agriculture, Industrial, and Landscape classes (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain Alberta Form 7 Permit (Permit for Coyote and Skunk Control on Another Person’s Land)
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Above-average computer literacy.
Abilities and Competencies Required
- Strong leadership skills and abilities
- Strong public relations skills.
- Quality advisory and reporting skills.
- Well-organized with even, productive work output.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Maintain confidentiality.
The Municipal District of Taber provides a professional workplace culture that promotes leadership and continuous learning. We offer training opportunities to enhance your skills, a competitive salary, an excellent employee benefits program, and participation in the LAPP pension.
Municipal District of Taber
4900B – 50th Street
Taber, Alberta T1G 1T2
Resumes will be reviewed promptly as they are submitted, and we encourage qualified applicants to submit their applications by March 15, 2024. We appreciate all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be personally contacted.