Foothills County encompasses a diverse rural landscape covering 3,600 square kilometers located in the foothills of southern Alberta. We are currently seeking a Manager of Agricultural Services to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding career that offers a work life balance, this could be the opportunity for you.
The Manager of Agricultural Services is a designated officer of Foothills County directing the operations of the Agricultural Service’s division and serves as the Agricultural Fieldman. This position reports to the Director of Public Works and acts as a liaison with the Agricultural Service Board. The Manager of Agricultural Services responds to the concerns and inquiries of municipal ratepayers regarding agricultural, environmental, invasive species and problem wildlife matters.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- A degree or diploma from a recognized Agricultural College or University.
- Working knowledge of most facets of the agricultural industry and comprehensive knowledge of weeds, plant identification and various methods of weed control.
- An agricultural background would be considered an asset.
- Valid Pesticide Applicators license.
- Valid Class 5 or 3 Driver’s license.
Foothills County offers a competitive salary, a defined benefit pension plan and group insurance benefits.
To view a full copy of this Job Description please visit www.foothillscountyab.ca and click on Careers.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume to:
Box 5605, 309 Macleod Trail
High River, Alberta T1V 1M7
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.