Research Association Manager
Gateway Research Organization (GRO) is an innovative, producer-driven, non-profit research organization that conducts agricultural research, demonstrations and provides extension services to producers in the Northwest region of Alberta. Work is done in the areas of livestock, forages, cereals, oilseeds, and pulses. GRO is stationed in Westlock, Alberta, which is approximately one hour north of Edmonton.
GRO is seeking a motivated, responsible individual to manage our crops and forage & livestock research and extension program. The incumbent must be able to work independently and make informed decisions in an office and field environment.
- Ability to set and work within budgets and provide ongoing monitoring of financials.
- Work cooperatively with a board of directors within specified policies.
- Develop strategic funding partnerships that support GRO’s vision.
- Prepare, design, plan and deliver research and extension activities, and related funding proposals.
- Collect, interpret and report data/results of research and demonstration activities.
- Manage a small grazing project (cattle).
- Manage field and summer staff.
- A degree in Agriculture is preferable, however individuals with other education and industry experience will be considered.
- Strong working knowledge of MS office programs with an emphasis on Excel, as well as accounting and research programs.
- Be able to present information to local producers, industry and government clearly and effectively
- Familiarity with farm machinery and the beef cattle industry is an asset.
- A driver’s licence is required. A clean driver’s abstract is an asset.
This is a full-time permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health & Dental benefits are provided.
Please direct any inquiries to Jay Byer, Interim Manager at the contact information below, or send a complete resume, including a cover letter, stating qualifications and experience. This position will remain open until September 30th, 2023.
Gateway Research Organization
Phone: (780) 349 – 4546
Cell: (403) 741-6706