ASSISTANT AGRICULTURAL FIELDMAN
The M.D. of Wainwright No. 61 has a fulltime position opening, for an Assistant Agricultural Fieldman. Reporting to the Agricultural Fieldman, the prime responsibility of this position will be to assist in the administration and operations of all aspects of the Agricultural Services Department.
• A minimum of 3 years experience working in an agricultural/environmental position is preferred.
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in an agricultural/environmental related program, and familiarity with current agriculture production practices is required.
• Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s Licence is required.
• Alberta Pesticide Applicators Certificate (Industrial and Agricultural designations) or the ability to acquire certificate is a condition of continued employment.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, GIS, Microsoft Publisher, Vehicle asset tracking systems, video conference and webinar experience would be an asset.
• Proven communication, interpersonal and leadership skills in a team environment are essential. As well as the ability to interact effectively with the public.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a multi-task environment.
• Ability to develop clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
• Ability to assist in the development of programs, demonstrations, meetings, workshops and awareness activities for ratepayers.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
• Assisting the Agricultural Fieldman with the implementation of duties as required under the various Agricultural Service Board Grant Programs and Provincial Acts. See www.mdwainwright.ca for a more complete job description.
• Organization and implementation of the Resource Management Stream of the Agricultural Service Board Grant Program. This would include meeting planning, report writing, bi-monthly newsletter, various extension and other project duties.
• Includes supervisory duties of Agricultural Services Department staff.
• Identification of weeds, crop insects and diseases, horticultural inquiries as well as performing Agricultural Pest monitoring, surveys and regulatory duties as required.
The M.D. of Wainwright will offer a competitive wage that will commensurate with the candidate’s level of education and experience. If you have any questions about the position, contact James Schwindt, Agricultural Fieldman. Cover letters, references and resumes outlining experience and qualifications will be received in confidence until 3:00pm June 18, 2021
James Schwindt, Agricultural Fieldman
M.D. of Wainwright No. 61
717 – 14th Avenue
Wainwright, AB T9W 1B3
Phone: (780) 842-4454 Fax: (780) 842-2463
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.