With a population of 32,097, Parkland County offers a range of municipal services and a vibrant mix of agricultural, residential, industrial and recreational opportunities. This unique rural area is situated on the west outskirts of Edmonton, just 20 minutes from downtown, and stretching over 2438 sq. km. of picturesque landscapes. We are currently inviting applications for a:
DIRECTOR, AGRICULTURAL SERVICES (Permanent, Full-time)
Parkland County has a permanent, full-time position available within the Agriculture, Community & Protective Services Division for a Director, Agricultural Services. Under the direction of the General Manager, Agriculture, Community & Protective Services, the Director, Agricultural Services is responsible for providing leadership in all aspects of Agricultural Management including the coordination, planning and implementation of various agriculture related programs and services as required by legislation and council. This position is also responsible for leading the County’s Community Sustainability Service Area including budgeting, department planning, staff management, policy development, programs and initiatives. The Director also undertakes initiatives that support the advancement of council’s Strategic Plan and is responsible for overseeing activities related to regional sustainability planning and for updating and coordinating the implementation of the County’s Integrated Community Sustainability Plan.
- This position requires an Agricultural, Environmental or related Degree or Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in an Agricultural or Environmental role, including supervision of staff, with a minimum of two (2) years at a management level. Experience with Agriculture Administration in the Municipal Field in desired.
- Well-developed leadership, mentorship and training skills along with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with effective report writing and presentation skills.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Parkland County has a nepotism policy in effect. Please contact Human Resources for further information on this policy (including the definition of a relative under this policy).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Government Act and will be used for Parkland County employment opportunities only. The personal information that you provide may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.