Kneehill County ASB is seeking a qualified, dynamic, knowledgeable, and energetic individual as a Vegetation Management Technician. This individual will assist as a weed inspector and herbicide applicator, and complete other duties as determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or designate.
Duties of the successful candidate will include:
- Working under provincial legislation and programs such as: The Agricultural Service Board Act, Alberta Weed Control Act, Soil Conservation Act, and The Agricultural Pests Act.
- Operation and maintenance of spray equipment on public and private lands.
- Maintaining detailed weed inspection and spray application records with use of GPS.
- Assisting with Provincial Surveys as required.
- Working with local producers in weed ID & control, completing crop and pest reports, and giving technical or other support as required.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of ASB shop and area.
- Operate other ASB & county equipment such as a forklift and utility tractor and mower.
- Other duties as determined by the Manager of Parks & Agricultural Services or designate.
- Participate in safety meetings and training as part of the County’s health and safety program.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License;
- Education in agriculture, environmental or biological sciences or related fields and an agricultural background;
- Strong plant/weed identification skills
- Hold an Alberta Pesticide Applicators Certification or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Authorized Assistant applicators license;
- Experience towing trailers and knowledge of equipment operation considered an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisor, co-workers and the public;
- Able to follow instructions as given and prioritize tasks;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and perform work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Strong records management, and organizational skills
- Good teamwork, partnering, and networking skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong commitment to public service and safety
- Good with technology i.e. computers, GIS, GPS
- Good sense of humor
Please forward your resume one of the following ways:
Mail: Kneehill County - Human Resources
Box 400 Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0
If you have, any question please Phone: (403) 443-5541 or Toll free: 1(866) 443-5541
This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are chosen. We thank all applicants for their interest and we will contact all applicants.