Brazeau County is Hiring!
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join our Agricultural Department in the position ofWe are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join our Agricultural Department in the position ofAssistant Agricultural Fieldman. This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation ofoperations of the Agriculture Department in order to implement and manage sound agriculturalprograms for the public, as determined by Council and the Agricultural Service Board (ASB) and withinthe parameters of related federal, provincial and municipal legislation including the Soil ConservationAct, Weed Control Act, Agricultural Pests Act, and the Agricultural Service Board Act. The position is alsothe ALUS coordinator and is responsible for the implementation of the ALUS program.
Under the general direction of the Manager of Agricultural Services, the Assistant Agriculture Fieldman performs the following duties:
- Provides technical support to the ALUS PAC (Partnership Advisory Committee) including GIS mapping, creating and presenting project summaries for potential projects at PAC meetings.
- Liaising with agricultural producers to create project proposals, monitor current projects, and providing program support.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of Agriculture and ALUS expenditures and budget planning.
- Developing, maintaining and managing relationships with partner organizations.
- Assist with grant applications, reports on interim progress for grants, record keeping for grants, guideline interpretation, and investigation of new grant sources and "special” grant proposals.
- Act in advisory role to producers on agricultural and other related topics.
- Assists in supervising and providing training and guidance for summer staff and project personnel
- Provides monthly reports to the Manager of Agricultural Services and the Agricultural Service Board.
- Responsible for the planning of extension workshops to the public.
- Act as resource person to the Manager of Agricultural Services and sits on various committees as required.
- Adheres to guidelines as set out in accordance with established policy:
- Pest Control
- Soil Conservation and Demonstration
- Weed Inspection and Control
- Roadside Vegetation
- Rural and Community Services:
- Public awareness through workshops, seminars, ASB tour, field days and provide educational materials. Assist in the equipment rental program.
- Degree (B.Sc./P.Ag) or diploma in Agriculture or Environmental Sciences is desirable
- Pesticide Applicators License‐ Agriculture, Industrial and Landscape Certificates
- Familiarity with ALUS Canada
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Closing Date: January 4, 2019