Competition # 1817 | Closes June 29, 2018
The Municipal District of Lesser Slave River requires a full-time Agricultural Fieldman, reporting to the Directoror Rural Services.The position is based out of the Flatbush Sub-Office Monday to Friday with a 36.25-hour workweek.
- Directs and coordinates the day to day operation of the Agriculture Services Department to achieve the Agricultural Service Board’s vision, mission, values, goals, and activities
- Administers and enforces provincial legislation including the Agricultural Service Board Act, Weed Control Act, Soil Conservation Act, Agricultural Pest Act and the Animal HealthAct
- Adheres to municipal procedures, policies, andbylaws
- Ensures compliance under the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the Environmental Protection & EnhancementAct
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the seasonal landscape work which includes parks, playgrounds, and other municipal green spaces
- Cross trains in other municipal disciplines such as planning, development, workplace safety, FireSmart, etc.
- Other duties asrequired
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Agriculture or other relateddiscipline
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory or managementexperience
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and competence with geographical informationsystems
- Knowledge in landscaping, planning, development, and FireSmart would be a definiteasset
- Certified Agricultural Fieldman designationpreferred
- Industrial/Agriculture/Landscape Pesticide Applicator’s certificate would be a definiteasset
- Good communication and public relationskills
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’sLicense
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
The salary range is $63,114.94 – 88,114.90 per year, dependent on education and experience; a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of developmental opportunities are also offered.
Resumes may be submitted in confidence by email or hard copy to the address indicated below. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will becontacted.
Municipal District of Lesser Slave River no.124
Box 722 Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0