Woodlands County is seeking a qualified, highly motivated, organized individual to fill the full-time permanent position of Agricultural Services Technician. Reporting to the Agricultural Services Manager, the Agricultural Services Technician assists in providing regulatory, administrative, extension and service duties, related to agricultural legislation administered by Woodlands County.
Applicants should possess:
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and leadershipskills
- Self-motivation, the ability to work with minimalsupervision
- The ability to identify weeds, insects, crop pests, and cropdisease.
- Pesticide application knowledge andexperience
- Beaver controlexperience
- Mechanical ability, the skills and knowledge to make minor repairs, and conduct routine maintenance on vehicles andequipment.
- A working knowledge of the Agricultural Service Board Act, Alberta Weed Control Act, Alberta Agricultural Pests Act, Alberta Soil ConservationAct
- A Diploma or Degree in an Agricultural or an Environmental Sciences relatedfield.
- A current Alberta Pesticide Applicators License (or the ability toobtain).
- A valid Alberta Class 5 Motor vehicle OperatorsLicense
- An Alberta Beaver Dam Blasting Permit (or the ability toobtain)
Remuneration will commensurate with experience, knowledge and abilities. Woodlands County also provides a comprehensive benefits package.
A detailed employment resume can be submitted to the address listed below and will be accepted until May 18, 2018 at noon or until a suitable candidate is found.
For further information pertaining to the position please contact the undersigned at 780-584-3866 or 1-866-584-3866.
Agriculture Services Manager Woodlands County
Fort Assiniboine, AB T0G 1A0