Sturgeon County is recruiting for the following part-time casual position:
Park Maintenance Labourer lll
Lead Hand, Agriculture Services
- Perform park and trail maintenance activities such as grass cutting, weed control, brush control, washroom cleaning, garbage collection, plant watering and special event preparation.
- Participate in the planning of work activities and ensure that other labourers on shift follow county policies and practices and that assigned work is completed effectively.
- Safely operate and train others in the operation of various equipment to perform work, including: push and riding lawn mowers, skid steers, tractors, weed trimmers, utility terrain vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, pickup trucks and power tools.
- Maintain all related equipment and perform minor repairs.
- Keep detailed records of work and equipment maintenance activities performed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisor, co-workers and the public.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude to repair and maintain lawn maintenance equipment.
- Experience in lawn care and property maintenance.
- Ability to perform medium lifting of 25 kilograms and to perform strenuous work outdoors for extended time periods.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Minimum Emergency First Aid certificate, or the ability to obtain prior to start date
- Defensive Driving course certificate, or the ability to obtain prior to start date.
Competition Number: 34-2017
Position Type: 1 open position - May 23 to September 30, 2017
Rate of Pay: $22.00 - $25.74 /hr + $3.00/hr Lead Hand Allowance when applicable
Hours of Work: 15 to 20 hours per week, schedule/shiftss vary
Competition Closing Date: May 12, 2017 @ 1:00pm
Sturgeon County: a diverse, active community that pioneers opportunities and promotes initiative while embracing rural lifestyles.
As an employer, we continually seek individuals with the spirit to make things happen.
Morinville, AB T8R 1L9
Toll Free 1-866-939-9303
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application/resume by mail, fax or email quoting the competition number.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in Sturgeon County; however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Your personal information is collected under the authority of Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. Personal information you provide may be used for the purposes of determining whether you are suitable and qualified for a position with Sturgeon County. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, please contact the Sturgeon County County FOIP Coordinator at the Sturgeon County Centre located at 9613-100 Street, Morinville, AB, T8R 1L9 or contact the FOIP Coordinator at 780-939-4321.