Job No: 89641
Location: Drayton Valley, Alberta
Brazeau County has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Agriculture Fieldman to join our team on a full-time basis. Located in the heart of west-central Alberta, Brazeau County is a place where industry and commerce join forces with outdoor recreation adventures and a vibrant economy to create a thriving community.
Based in the Drayton Valley and reporting to the Agricultural Fieldman, the Assistant Agricultural Fieldman is responsible for assisting with the implementation of the Agricultural Service Board (ASB) programs within Brazeau County.
The Assistant maintains regular and ongoing contact with the Agricultural Fieldman and ASB regarding matters requiring administrative and agricultural advice and guidance. The Assistant also has regular contact with a variety of provincial government officials, local government administrators, and ratepayers.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing and monitoring of Agriculture expenditures and budget planning
- Assisting with grant applications, including reports on interim progress, record keeping, guideline interpretation, new grant sources and special grant proposals
- Participating in meetings as directed or requested by the ASB or Council i.e. Farmer's Pesticide Certification, Weed Control, Provincial Soil Conservation Committee, Joint Weed Control for Industry, School Camps, Trade Fair and Ag shows
- Acting in advisor on species selection and establishment methods for annual and perennial crops, as well as all other agricultural related topics
- Keeping the municipality at forefront of technology and being widely versed on a wide range of topics
- Supervising and providing training/guidance to summer staff and project personnel in accordance with policy
- Providing monthly reports to the Agricultural Fieldman, ASB and other environment personnel, as required
- Preparing agenda and materials for the ASB, including grant claims, correspondence, and related reports
- Planning workshops, seminars, field days and educational materials for the public
- Adhering to guidelines and established policies, including Pest Control, Soil Conservation and Demonstration, Weed Inspection and Control, Roadside Vegetation
The successful candidate for this role will have a degree/diploma in Agriculture or Environmental Sciences (B.Sc./P.Ag) in addition to a valid and current Pesticide Applicators License (Industrial, Agriculture or Landscaping), valid class 5 Driver's License and knowledge of computers.
Upon joining Brazeau County, you will be welcomed into an innovative organization with a friendly and family-oriented culture. Working alongside a collaborative team, we want you to thrive in our inclusive, supportive and professional environment.
For your hard work and dedication, the successful candidate will also be rewarded with a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, flex days, pension plan, and more!
If you're a dependable and motivated individual with a passion for people, and the community at large, apply to join the Brazeau County team today at www.applyfirst.ca/job89641